The Purchasing and Accounts Payable Offices are units within Business Services. The mission of the Purchasing Department is to provide efficient and responsive customer service in facilitating the procurement of goods and services that maximize the university’s resources while maintaining best practices that follow the policies and laws of North Carolina. The Accounts Payable Department is responsible for disbursing non-payroll university funds to the UNC Asheville community and to vendors in an accurate, timely, reliable, and technologically proficient manner while complying with university and state disbursement regulations.
Equipment and Furnishings
Departmental purchases for equipment and furnishings should go through your departmental assistant, or contact Purchasing directly at email@example.com.
Software, Computer Hardware and Mobile Devices
ITS provides IT-related purchasing assistance to academic and administrative departments. ITS works closely with Purchasing and Finance to obtain best prices through approved state contract vendors. Personal purchases are not handled by ITS.
Personal software purchases for Adobe and Microsoft products can be made through our partner at unca.onthehub.com.
The university provides a limited number of cell phones to select safety and emergency personnel. To apply for a monthly mobile voice or data stipend for your own device, complete and submit the appropriate form.
- Many items are available through mandatory state contracts. Please refer to this FAQ.
- Here is the URL for the NC state contract index: https://ncadmin.nc.gov/government/procurement/statewide-term-contracts
- Purchases of $15,000 do not require a purchase order.
- Purchases between $15,000 and $25,000 require three written quotes and completed Purchase Over 15K form (link below).
- Purchases over $25,000 require an informal bid. Please contact the Purchasing Office early in your planning to ensure all deadlines can be met.
- Purchases between $100,000 and $500,000 require System Office approval.
- Purchases over $500,000 require State Division of Purchase & Contract approval.
Small Purchases PCard
- PCard Application and Agreement Form
- PCard Change Form
- PCard Manual
- PCard Missing Receipt Affidavit
- PCard Request for Purchase
- Purchase Over 15K Form
- 10 Easy Steps to Complete a B of A Works Transaction
- Quick & Easy Guide to Resolve Personal Charges or Travel Charges on a PCard
- Spending Guidelines
- Trust Fund Guidelines
- Banner Account Code List
- Banner Organization Change Guideline
- Purchasing Policy
- Purchasing Manual
- NC Division of Purchase & Contract
- Alternate Receipt
- Statewide Term Contracts FAQs